Thursday, April 21, 2011

Behind The Scenes: The Bakanas Flowers Edition Vol. 8 04/21/2011 Easter

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping' down the bunny trail. Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way. Boy, does that fluffy bunny have it right. Easter is a mere 48 hours away! Just two days until children everywhere will wake up and hunt for their Easter baskets of candy. If their parents are anything like my mom, it will be a challenge. How my mom thought up some of those hiding places, I’ll never know. One year our baskets were out in the car, another year mine was nestled in my closest (sneakily simple, right under my nose.) They were always in the best hiding spots. Then, after church, it was off to the family egg hunt. My most memorable years were spent hiding the plastic eggs because I had gotten to be too old to participate. I always enjoyed watching my brother and cousins scuttle around snatching up the brightly colored candy vaults. At the end, I would get to do a victory lap around the backyard gathering any woebegone eggs that may have been neglected. I remember the hardest egg to find was the infamous “name egg”. Each of the grandchildren had a giant egg with their name sharpied on it, instead of candy inside there was something better… money.

The Bakanas Flowers Family would like to wish Easter joy to you all, dear readers. Now get out there and make some memories.
-Liz 
P.S. Here's a fun thing I just figured out how to do and will continue to do from now on... If you click on the pictures they will take you to our website. So if you like what you see, order one today! Either would bring colorful touch to any Easter dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment